Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Does my degree qualify me for your certifications?

A. Some of our certification programs state that the trainee / applicant must have at least a masters degree in a mental health discipline. Essentially, what this means is that a person must be qualified to apply for licensure to practice counseling or psychotherapy in their state or country. For example, a masters in counseling qualifies a person to apply for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in most states. However, a masters in occupational therapy does not permit a person to practice counseling or psychotherapy independently.

Anyone may take our courses. However, except where otherwise stated, only those with at least a masters degree (or currently a graduate student) in a mental health discipline may obtain certification.

Q. Do your certifications allow me to practice counseling or psychotherapy independently?

A. No. Our certifications provide evidence of competence, but only governmental bodies can grant permission to practice independently.

Q. May people outside the USA order your home study programs?

A. Certainly.

Q. May people outside the USA join the NACBT or become certified by you?

A. Yes. We welcome members from all countries.

Q. Do you offer discounts or scholarships to students or others?

A. We do not. Our programs are very inexpensive relative to the programs offered by others. For example, our RLT Level-One Home Study Program costs $250, while others offer a (less comprehensive) Level-One program for over $1000. We at times do offer volume discounts.